The Port of Waterford Company was originally known as Waterford Harbour Commissioners and was established in 1816.
In 1999, the organisation was incorporated as the Port of Waterford Company, and now operates in the commercial semi-state sector in Ireland, reporting to the Department of Transport.
Since it's foundation, the organisation has played a vital role in the development of the city and the region.
The company comprises of board of directors, management and staff, focused on delivering the needs of new and existing customers.
in the 1990's, commercial shipping operations moved to Belview, some 5 miles downstream of Waterford City, and closer to the sea.
Recent developments include a major infrastructure upgrade comprising of 190m quay extension in 2008. This will be followed up by further extension to be added incrementally when required.
Port of Waterford is the only port in Ireland with planning permission secured for further extensions.
The Port Company has an extensive land bank available for development. Adjacent to the port IDA Ireland has developed a business park. Port of Waterford would be delighted to hear from interested parties who may require land. We fully understand that such enquiries will be confidential in nature, and discretion is assured.
Enquiries can be directed to CEO, Stan McIlvenny or Brian Moore.
Tel: +353-51-874907 or Email: email@example.com